Thats right, and if you didn’t know Bay decided not to make them of the Teenage Mutant variety(who gets that reference?). Instead opting to make them aliens, and I’m not talking from Canada. Yeah he has taken many liberties with the way the Turtles are portrayed. Changing them drastically from what they were in the comic books, old movies, and the TV shows and Bay has pissed off many fans because this. I know what you’re thinking, “wasn’t this cancelled?” The answer was yes. The movie had the kibosh put on it last June and a rewrite of the script was ordered to try to lower costs on production. Now everything seems to be back on, and principle photography begins in New York this April.
I hope that the new script deals with some of the fan issues with the movie, but even if it doesn’t I will still be there to see it. As a long time fan of the Turtles I wasn’t too excited to get the news about the changes, and with a release date of May 16th, 2014 I will still be there to see it. Hoping to hear some casting news soon.
- Film: Newswire: Don’t worry, Michael Bay’s Ninja Turtles will be just like The Avengers (avclub.com)
- Turtle Bits: New Ninja Turtles Movie Details Revealed, More TMNT LEGOS (teenagemutantninjaturtles.com)
- Ninja Turtles co-creator compares reboot film to The Avengers (contactmusic.com)
- Kevin Eastman Compares NINJA TURTLES Movie to THE AVENGERS (geektyrant.com)
- Michael Bay’s ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ movie ‘like The Avengers’ (digitalspy.co.uk)