I know I’m a little behind with the times, but I have just started playing Soul Calibur V on my Playstation 3. There have been things I like and things that I haven’t liked so much. So here is my review of the Pros and Cons of the game.
1. As always the camera is great. With the camera always at the side you never get a bad angle. To me this seems to give it a kind of Street Fighter feel.
2. The boobs are a jiggly as ever! Even the small ones!
3. The graphics are as good as you would expect from a game that has come along this far in the platforms life.
1. Game mechanics don’t seem as sharp as they used to be.
2. With the win count now being 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 3 the matches seem to last forever. I lost interest in my fight many times while playing.
3. Story mode is awful. It’s a long drawn out story about an uninteresting character and his plight with his sister. There is little animation outside of the game matches. While you are hearing the story all you see are drawing with subtitles while the voice actors are talking. This seems like a cheap copout. With animation it would have a little interesting.
I might continue to play the game. I might bring it out at get together with the friends. Despite the problems I have with the story mode I found the arcade mode really fun. My final score for the game would be 2.5 out of 5. As much as I wanted to like this game its in game play was lacking. Here’s hoping the next one will be better.
- Soul Calibur and Tekken series sales slow as Namco Bandai stays healthy in the console market (digitaltrends.com)
- What is ‘Game mode’? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Characters (thelowdreamer.wordpress.com)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us’ alternative costumes for Harley Quinn, Bane (joystiq.com)