This is a reaction not a tech review.
So, by now we have all heard of the new XBOX reveal. Woopty doo…The machine itself isn’t really that impressive. A mandatory kinect!? Were sales so bad that they had to resort to giving them away, and the gesture controls seem like they were added to justify the kinect. To be honest I was more impressed with the PS3. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of heat for that last statement.
It’s true I wasn’t impressed by the specs of the hardware. That recording capability is kind of interesting, but as someone that can’t stand watching “let’s plays” on youtube why should I really care about it. That being said I was rather impressed with the software and the new network being released for it. So that will be working in their favor, but I can’t help but think that you’ll be buying a lot of unneeded stuff. Plus the controller looks awful, and the console itself looks like a boxy version of the PS3
If microsoft would send me one then sure I would play it, but when it boils down to it there just isn’t anything I want to play on it. If that ever changed then maybe I might consider it. Until then, or the bring out another version of the dream cast, I’ll stick with the Playstation. Oh!, and that whole used game thing, for XBOX1 and PS4, is ridiculous.
- New kinect will sense more detail, heartbeat and minuscule shifts (techradar.com)
- Xbox One: Watch the new Kinect detect a heart rate from across the room (geekwire.com)
- Xbox One Can’t Function Without Kinect (flawedgaming.com)
- Hands-on with prototypes of the Xbox One and new Kinect sensor (engadget.com)
- The Xbox One will NOT function without the Kinect (destructoid.com)
- Xbox One requires plugged-in Kinect to function (polygon.com)
- Xbox One: Specs, Controller, Kinect detailed (games.com)
- Reactions mixed as group of 14 Xbox fans watch console launch at Microsoft Store (geekwire.com)