League movie. This should the time where they can explore and expand the DC cinematic universe. With the upcoming Man of Steel 2 that is also featuring Batman everyone is all excited about the establishment of the connected universe. Marvel had the right idea each character in the Avengers had been established before the movie came out.
There are plans for a Flash film, but l have heard rumors of a Flash movie for most of my college years and it still hasn’t happened. What about the rest of the original seven? We all know Superman, Batman and possibly the Flash will be in it, but what about Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter? Or since they seem to be following well with the New 52, trade out Martian Manhunter for Cyborg. Are we not supposed to see them before they come to life on the big screen?
These movies are how many fans are introduced to these comic book heros, so wouldn’t it stand to reason that more or better background be established for them. The Flash should have his own movie, and maybe we can see some cameos form the others as well. The flash could be chasing down the bad guy when they could start to get the other hand when suddenly we see a bright green light and the Flash runs, and the we see a close up of Green Lantern, John Stewart. What about in a fight scene when something heavy flies through the air an stops the bad guy, and all we see behind the Flash is a woman with dark hair. How about, as the Flash is starting his journey we see a collapsed burning building that they managed to pull an older teen man out of, and they can establish that is Victor Stone.
All of this would give them some background and make them part of the DC cinematic universe. It would make me very happy if this is how events play out. I think what made Avengers so popular is because people were already familiar with all of the characters before the movie came out. I don’t want DC to remake the Avengers but I do think they should that note of this.
- ‘Justice League’: 5 Heroes That Need A Solo Film (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Is DC Moving Too Fast On The Path Towards The Justice League? (thegalactusagenda.wordpress.com)
- The Justice League Movie Needs Some Serious Justice (liamphughes.co.uk)
- Huge ‘Justice League’ Superhero Movie May Be Coming In 2017 (businessinsider.com)
- Henry Cavill talks Justice League: ‘It Won’t Be Right Way’ (geeksyndicate.co.uk)
- After Superman/Batman Movie in 2015, Warner Bros. Planning FLASH in 2016 and JUSTICE LEAGUE in 2017 (collider.com)
- EDITORIAL: How To Make The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie (comicbookmovie.com)