who you announce for Batman?” So, once the initial shock wore off, and I was able to calmly think about the situation I slowly realized that this isn’t a bad thing. I may not agree (or disagree) with the casting but I’m sure Affleck will give us a good performance.
He has the acting chops to be able to portray Batman as older, and a more seasoned crime fighter. Also Affleck is not stranger in playing the hero, as he brought Dare Devil to life many years ago. Even though that movie wasn’t well received, it wasn’t because of Affleck acting ability.
Affleck could be a good opposite to Cavill, and I’m now a little more interested in seeing the film. Though I’m still against it being Man of Steel 2. With as fast as they’re trying to release this film it might be that these two great actors are needed to keep it from going under in the box office. But then that could be WB’s plan, and we’ll never know. Plus, maybe Matt Damon will play robin!
Production is set to begin next year, and has a July 2015 release date.
Did you like this article, and want more? Join me on youtube and please subscribe!
- Ben Affleck Will Play Batman in “Man of Steel” Sequel (blacksportsonline.com)
- Ben Affleck is Batman for ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel – Confirmed! (justjared.com)
- Ben Affleck to Play Batman for ‘Man Of Steel’ Sequel (hailthehero.com)
- Ben Affleck will play Batman in ‘Man of Steel’ sequel, due July 17, 2015 (fox59.com)
- Ben Affleck to Play Batman in MAN OF STEEL Sequel; Film Set to Open July 17, 2015 (collider.com)
- Ben Affleck Is The New Batman (businessinsider.com)
- Ben Affleck will play Batman in ‘Man of Steel’ sequel, due July 17, 2015 (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- Affleck to Play Batman in ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Ben Affleck Named ‘Batman’ For MAN OF STEEL Sequel; WB Announces July 2015 Release Date (comicbookmovie.com)