I have been watching digimon again (the first and second season) and I have refound my love for the show. I will forever have a special place in my heart for it, but there is one thing I wish they could have touched on more, and that’s the connection of the digidestined. Sure, we have many clues given to us like the original 8 lived in the same apartment building when greymon and parrotmon fought, but you get the feeling that it goes much deep than just that. What if then had ancestors chosen as well? There is evidence to support that there were digidestined before Tai and the team.
The being of light during the Dark Master’s saga gave some information about it saying that they had something special that connected them, but she didn’t know what that was. Well, what if they were chosen for their ancestry, which is what I feel, is the case. During Myotismon’s rein in japan some of the parents showed great familiarity with the monsters, especially Matt and T.K.’s father. We also see it with Tai and Kari’s father, Mimi’s father, and Sora’s mothers. Joe’s parents are never seen and Izzy was adopted after his birth parents were killed so for them it’s tough to say.
The last piece of evidence I can find comes from season two of the original series. While having a conversation with his grandfather Cody found out that his father had been to the digital world before he died in the line of duty, and had even talked about having a partner digimon.
I think they missed a great opportunity to explore more about the past of the digidestined. They talked about the link between the kids without giving a solid connection. These children weren’t chosen at random, there had to have been something that made them special. True, this inheritance is just my theory but I think I has a lot that can support it.
- Anime Movie Review: Digimon The Movie (redmime.wordpress.com)
- Digimon Adventure Season 1 (themainlyanimeenthusiast.wordpress.com)
- Terriermon and Izzy (greenstripesanimereviews.wordpress.com)
- Anime Review: Digimon – The Movie (pandemimeprime.wordpress.com)
- Digimon 16th Anniversary Project (chainalm.wordpress.com)
- Digimon – The Movie (kampretbanget.wordpress.com)
- Digimon Adventure: Episode 2 Retrospective (chainalm.wordpress.com)
- Childhood Memories: Rewatching Digimon (skycellblogs.wordpress.com)